Hiring one of our day boats for a day trip is a great way to get a taste of the canals while having a great day out with friends and family. With each of our day boats holding up to 10 or 12 people for the whole day, it offers great value for money too.
Mock Turtle Availability
Mock Turtle has an enclosed cabin halfway along the boat. The front cabin area has canvas sides which can be rolled up in good weather. There is bench seating along the cabin sides and a large galley work surface. There are no tables on this boat.
Gryphon has a fully enclosed cabin with large windows along each side which can slide open. The seating is similar to that in a railway carriage and there is a small table between each seat.
Your Day Trip on the Canal
Your boat is ready for collection at 9:30am and you’ll be given full instruction on the handling, features and safety of your craft. Your time on-board will allow you a full day to explore the surrounding canals and countryside and either stopping for a bite to eat or a pub lunch. Your boat should be returned at 5:00pm giving you 7 1/2 hours of enjoyment, excellent value for a day trip in Cheshire.
From our base at Preston Brook you can travel along the lock free Bridgewater Canal, designed by James Brindley and opened in 1765. Your trip will take you through the beautiful wooded cutting at Walton, with the possibility of visiting Walton Hall and gardens. The pass slowly through London Bridge (no you haven’t gotten lost and ended up on the River Thames) at Stockton Heath to the village of Grappenhall with its cobbled streets and cosy pubs.
Our canal day boats provide comfortable seating, a fully equipped galley and toilet on-board and life-jackets can be provided to children and adults when requested.
Day Boat Hire Booking Terms & Conditions
- Failure to take the boat will result in the forfeit of your payment.
- The day boat will be available for you to embark from 9:30am.
- The boat must be returned to our base by 5:00 pm or sunset, whichever is earlier. We will deduct £25 from your security deposit for every half hour or part of half hour you are late.
- The day boat may only be cruised North from Preston Brook.
- Portable gas appliances are NOT allowed under any circumstances. Charcoal barbecues must only be used off the boat. They must be thoroughly emptied and cooled before re-embarkation.
- No live bait or maggots are allowed on board.
- Your security and damage deposit of £50 payable in cash on the day will be returned to you at the end of your hire period providing you return on time, there is no damage to the boat, no losses or breakages of the boat’s equipment and the boat is returned in a clean and tidy condition.
- You understand that it is an offense to operate the boat whilst under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- The principal hirer must be over 23 years of age.